Gopro Hero 3 Black Edition Question (using screen while diving)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoopAir

Registered
Reaction score
With the GoPro Hero 3 Black, is it possible to use the LCD screen while the camera is in the housing (so I can obviously see in real time what I am filming--or close anyway) or do will the housing not fit over the camera with the screen?

Thanks?

The LCD screen comes with a set of extra backdoors that are deeper in order to fit everything on the housing.

Make sure you use the rigid backdoor for diving.

I have used the LCD screen for diving and found I used it less than expected. Remember it's a huge battery drain so switch batteries between dives.

Make sure you use the rigid backdoor for diving.

Never heard of the Rigid Backdoor? What exactly is this and how is it different that the regular one?

Just want to make sure I have the proper one!!!

Never heard of the Rigid Backdoor? What exactly is this and how is it different that the regular one?

Just want to make sure I have the proper one!!!

The touch LCD comes with 3 doors. A skeleton door with openings, a touch door with a flexible plastic touch membrane over the lcd area, and a solid/waterproof door. The latter is the one you want for diving.

The touch LCD comes with 3 doors. A skeleton door with openings, a touch door with a flexible plastic touch membrane over the lcd area, and a solid/waterproof door. The latter is the one you want for diving.

Got it! That makes sense.

Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom