Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple of questions for you, if I may.
What kind of depths are there on their dive sites? I like the 40-45' range, however it looks like a lit of theirs are a bit deeper. Is the water pretty still, like Bonaire or all drift, like Cozumel? We are going to Dunbar in a month and it looks like they go all around the island. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

There is no drift. There is opportunity for shallow dives. Our deepest was 110 on the judo trader wreck. When we were there we were the only two divers on the boat. We had two that only snorkeled and they catered to those needs as Im sure Dennis can accomodate you. Water clarity was terrible during our trip so we did spend some time on the leeward side of the island with several nice catered lunches on Columbus beach and the cut. Dunbar is unique! Sightings of large marine life was practicaly null, but plenty of opportunity for macro, and the reefs themselves are extremely healthy. Have a blast!

Thanks a bunch for the reply!! Your video is awesome!!

Who flies into Guanaja? How do you arrange it? The reef really does look healthy. Wonderful to see, thanks for sharing.

Still a great report! Thanks for reminding me thst I'd already read it and commented on it. My apologies that I'd completely forgotten about the plane. Any chance you're willing to share overall cost for the entire trip? Pm if you'd like. Thx.

Also, were there oppotunites to go to Guanja proper into town?

Yes, they can take you to the Island anytime on request. However, It's not your typical touristy stuff. One day we went to Bonocca too which is the Key where most of the area population is. I can't remember total cost as I tossed the receipt after the trip. We are in Nashville, Tickets to Roatan were around $700 each, and Round trip to Guanaja was $ 250 each. If I remember correctly I spent $1,400 ea for Dunbar all inclusive + 3 dives daily, but they went up quite a bit after the first of the year, Now almost 1,800 Ea. That's Double occupancy. dunbarrock - You do however, you have another option where we will stay next round, http://www.clearwaterparadise.com/ at $1,300 for a week. Not the exclusivity of the Rock, but the same diving......It's on the leeward side of the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom