GoPro Cineform: How to add jpg ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just started trying to learn to use the cineform software. Everyone says it is easy, I find it unintuitive..

I have always used MS Movie Maker for my videos, so my perspective of what i want to do has been based a lot on what that simple program can and does do...

for movie maker, it is simple to import a jpg (picture) stick it where you want, and then define how long it appears.

How the heck do you do the same thing in Cineform? I click on one jpg and it imports all the pics in that dirctory, scews them up and then plays them all in like 0.5 seconds...

thanks for any help.. It seems like a simple question..

Nobody ever answered my question. You can create a photograph in the software by selecting edit and export an image, then you just add the image back into the imported media.. If that helps anyone.. Easy to do - hard to figure out how to do it..

Missed your original post, sorry.

I don't use Cineform, but...you may find this forum helpful for other Cineform & GoPro questions:

GoPro Forum ? Index page

In Studio it's also a bit of effort, but sounds similar. I first tried it and it also imported many pics and played them really fast.

In Studio, the easiest way I've found (via YouTube) is to put the pic/jpeg into it's own folder. Otherwise it will import the whole folder into a timelapse. Then after you import it, you then go into advanced settings and change the frame rate to 2 or 5 sec per frame.

I have stopped using the gopro software, but I had the same problem. You need to create a seperate folder with just that one image in it and then import it into cineform. The software will treat everything in the folder as a frame. I think this was so you could compile time lapse video from individual pictures. It will hold the last frame for the amount of time that you set the shot. I found it a PITA, and it encouraged me to buy are traditional commercial video editor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom