GoPro 10 Leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jafo19D

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
GoPro 10 is about to get released and these are the apparent specs. I currently own the 4 (don’t laugh) and I was going to buy the 9 a few weeks ago but now I figure I’ll wait for the 10 to come out and buy either one.

One thing that worries me is that the 9 freezes up. A guy on my dive trip a couple of weeks ago had just just bought a GP 9 and on the second day said that it froze up on him. You Gp9 owners having the same issue? I thought GP had fixed it.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/30/22648027/gopros-hero-10-black-leak-specs-date-price

Just back from trip to French Polynesia. My housing developed a leak, so was relegated to GP9 as my only mechanism for video/photos. Never had a problem with it.

One thing that worries me is that the 9 freezes up. A guy on my dive trip a couple of weeks ago had just just bought a GP 9 and on the second day said that it froze up on him. You Gp9 owners having the same issue? I thought GP had fixed it.

GoPro’s next flagship action camera leaks

I would question what batteries he was using. I've got a 5 and a 7 that will do this when using third party batteries. Never had a problem when using gopro batteries.

I would question what batteries he was using. I've got a 5 and a 7 that will do this when using third party batteries. Never had a problem when using gopro batteries.
I’ve kept in touch with the guy I mentioned and he says he hasn’t had another incident. He added that on the day it happened the battery was running a bit low.

Back
Top Bottom