google maps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boat sju

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last time down we figured out that the gps works with "off-line" maps while in airplane mode. Was I the only one who didn't know that? It was helpful.

There's also a GPS map app on Apple App Store called Maps.Me that you download a map for the island while on WiFi and it works offline (without an internet connection) as you drive around the island. It won't load or search for specific destinations while offline but it will give you GPS driving instructions without using data on the fly.

FYI for anyone who tries Google Maps, navigation does not work in Bonaire.

FYI for anyone who tries Google Maps, navigation does not work in Bonaire.

Will it show you a route though? Just curious because I can get it to show me a route while in airplane mode. (just within the bounds of your off-line map of course)

Then you're not trying hard enough :)

Ha. Underwater for sure. That feeling when you’re 100% sure you’re exactly back in the same spot and you pop your head out of the water and realize you’ve got a long swim to your truck.

You're not lost as long as you have gas. Guess that goes for diving as well as driving. We did some exploring on our last trip and the GPS was helpful along the east coast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom