Goodman Handle for a UK C8 eLED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nielsent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So I am kind of a broke person, and can't afford a canister light. But I have not met the problem that Beer and hand tools can't fix. The result, is my new goodman handle for my UK light...

Here is some pics. If you look close its not perfect, but that's because I did the whole thing by hand, the only power tool used was a hand drill.

Total Cost of materials -

Nuts and Bolts = $3.50
Marine Grade Aluminum = Free scrap from metal fab shop

Total = $3.50

Hope you enjoy!

-- nielsent

Attachments

• IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1501.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 143
Nice.

The bolts that hold the handle onto the light, do they penetrate the housing? If so, is there an issue with sealing?

Thanks,

Couv

It is actually an adaptation of the original handle design, the two bolts that are directly below the light are attached to a small clamping plate that holds the light in place. There is no parts that actually penetrate the housing. If the two bolts are undone, the whole light simply slides off the handle, as if it was never there.

Just actually had the light in the pool tonight for a test drive. works extremely well. But definitely a custom build, as I have very large hands. On of the other instructors tried it and it looked like a child holding a spotlight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom