goodbye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjfox

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For some time now, I have been trying to organize and run the South Island Divers. Although many have expressed interest, there has been very little participation.

The main purpose of the club was to get more people out diving and to meet other divers. In this respect it has failed. The same guys I dove with before are the same ones who come out to the club dives.

As anyone who has done volunteer work knows, it takes energy and commitment. I just don't have the time to devote to this project to do it justice.

Thank you to everyone whose intentions were good, and hope to dove with you someday, but for now I will say goodbye.

Hey Man ..... I`ll Dive with you and I got time to work on a dive club and have been wanting to get one up and running for a while now .

I just recently completed my Assistant Instructor course Nov. 29.2008. I meant real recent :)
You can e-mail me westcoastdiver@wildmail.com

For some time now, I have been trying to organize and run the South Island Divers. Although many have expressed interest, there has been very little participation.

The main purpose of the club was to get more people out diving and to meet other divers. In this respect it has failed. The same guys I dove with before are the same ones who come out to the club dives.

As anyone who has done volunteer work knows, it takes energy and commitment. I just don't have the time to devote to this project to do it justice.

Thank you to everyone whose intentions were good, and hope to dove with you someday, but for now I will say goodbye.

I know exactly what you mean...its always the same half a dozen core divers. Our small dive club took a kicking also. But at least you were committed enough to try...hats off to you!
Good Luck and stay wet...

Sorry to hear of your prediciment.. For what it is worth.. I belong to one of NY's oldest club, and it is typically the same group of people who do everything from orginize events to set up newsletters to cooking and cleaning. I am glad I am one of those that is involved but it does become a drag at times. One event we do, I have only done the main event dive once in six years, and it was this year.

Back
Top Bottom