Wanted Good starter camera setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Canon S95 and FIX housing for sale somewhere on here ... now just need to find the post, under the amount you are looking to spend and was an excellent starter camera (and onwards) that I did wonderfully with for several years.

Here is a link to my FB profile for starters, all the photos I have taken except for those in 2017 were with the camera I am selling and there are LOTS to see: Jody Lynn Clark

Found the SB posting.

For Sale - Canon S95 and FIX Housing - $550 US or $700 CDN

My boyfriend lives in Seattle, so I could ship it to you from there. Shipping not included in the price, but would easily fit in the $20 box I would imagine.

Flybigjet has a great starter set up just a few posts down. If I wasn't already half way in to another set up, I'd be looking at that.

The set-up that flybigjet is offering to sell is a good deal for the original poster, ONLY if they keep everything, including the strobe and don't plan on building on that set-up in any way (i.e. adding macro lens, WA lens, etc.) To begin with the G9 camera and Ikelite housing only is not a good place to start.

An Ikelite housing is not ideal for many reasons (do some research on what is compatable and what is not with that housing or the pros and cons of it), however it is priced accordingly because it includes a strobe.

The set-up that flybigjet is offering to sell is a good deal for the original poster, ONLY if they keep everything, including the strobe and don't plan on building on that set-up in any way (i.e. adding macro lens, WA lens, etc.) To begin with the G9 camera and Ikelite housing only is not a good place to start.

An Ikelite housing is not ideal for many reasons (do some research on what is compatable and what is not with that housing or the pros and cons of it), however it is priced accordingly because it includes a strobe.
This is an unfair, incorrect, and obviously self-serving post. No problem adding wet lenses to that housing.
Yes, one ought to buy the entire flybigjet setup to get the best deal, but a G9 and Ikelite housing can easily be added to.

Funny tursiops, I thought the same thing about your post - like I said though, I encourage people to do their research about Ikelite housings before buying one.

I have a Sealife DC1000 set up, complete with strobes, pelican case, everything. I was looking to get $500 for it. I can send pictures if your interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom