Good news - No more Oprah soon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr.X

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I can't believe my good luck. Oprah is leaving the air in 2011!!! Couldn't come fast enough for me.

So tired of coming home and seeing the wife with the tube on watching Oprah. I hated those giveaway shows which perpetuated extreme consumerism and the occasional need for vinyl-covered goods. No more brain-washing through TV air waves.

Good riddance.

X

Oprah ending talk show in 2011 - CNN.com

I don't really remember if I have ever watched the show.

Outside of the Sci Fi channel and some sports - I watch very little TV

Just what exactly do you people think Peg Bundy is supposed to do with her free time now????

(G'bye Oprah.......NOT.....She is not going anywhere.....Kinda' like Jay Leno...I am a Leno fan so that is cool...)

Why would anyone consider that good news ... or even news?

Does Oprah control the TV set in your home?

And if your wife is so enamoured of that show, don't you think she'll just find another one like it to watch once Oprah has moved on?

Choose to turn the TV off ... then you won't have to wait till 2011 for Oprah to be gone.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I can't believe my good luck. Oprah is leaving the air in 2011!!! Couldn't come fast enough for me.

Oprah who?

I GOT IT!!!!

Somebody has to replace Bah-Bahwa-Wa-Wa on ABC for those always insipid and perpetually worthless "Interviews".
The ole' gal cannot live forever!!
Then..Oprah can take over "The View".....I'm just sayin'........

(Rock on Oprah, I hate yer' show...I admire your PT Barnum spirit!
Drain those fools dry.)

Maybe you missed the rest of the announcement. Oprah is terminating her run of the current show, and will then be starting up "OWN", the Oprah Winfrey Network. Not only is she not going away, she's expanding from just content to content and content provider.

who cares.

Bob....do you have females in your domicile? Oprah is like an infection. You can't escape it.

X

Why would anyone consider that good news ... or even news?

Does Oprah control the TV set in your home?

And if your wife is so enamoured of that show, don't you think she'll just find another one like it to watch once Oprah has moved on?

Choose to turn the TV off ... then you won't have to wait till 2011 for Oprah to be gone.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom