Good eats on Playa del Carmen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O2BBubbleFree

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

The wife and I are booked at the Hotel la Tortuga in Playa from Apr. 28th to May 2nd.

Any recommendations on local (non-touristy) places to grab some good meals?

Thanks,

anywhere not on quinta (fifth avenue), the further away from the beach you go, the less touristy it gets. If you want the best seafood in town, get a cab to

"Resturante las Cejas"

that is where I eat, I am not sure how late it is open though, it is more like a late lunch than a late night place.

cancun mark:
anywhere not on quinta (fifth avenue), the further away from the beach you go, the less touristy it gets. If you want the best seafood in town, get a cab to

"Resturante las Cejas"

that is where I eat, I am not sure how late it is open though, it is more like a late lunch than a late night place.

Thanks, Mark!

Check out La Bomba Rocha II, it's located on 30th ave and approx. 38th. If you grab a Taxi the driver will know exactly where it is. It's a fair walk from where you are staying. Another place that I can't remember the name is right on highway 307 (caribean side) two buildings over on the north side of Constituentes. Excellent local fair and great prices

Palapa Hemingway - Fried Coconut bananas! Also, good lunch specials. On 5th Street. Mexican/Cuban, Awsome.
Da Bruno - Italian food (when you need a change) was great as well. Also on 5th. Street a few blocks from Palapa Hemingway.

We LOVED Ula Gula in PDC...yes, it's on 5th. But the food was amazing. It's a "nice" dinner out. When we first looked at the menu, nothing looked very exciting, but it was highly recommended so we gave it a shot. And everything that we had was amazing. I had the sea bass. A friend had something with beef/tenderloin and it was the best of all.

You must try ALUX. The food is good, but the atmosphere is awesome. Ask your hotel staff-they will know ALUX! Very cool restaurant and NOT on 5th Ave. You will go into the "real" Playa Del Carmen!

After cenote dives we always stop by La Taverna,good cheap eats,Dos Equis Dark beer on tap (the only place to get it),and about 10 computer terminals if you need them.

El Oasis for great shrimp tacos $11 pesos each, just off 5th on Calle 12. For good Italian besides DaBruno there is also Chico-Latino upstairs on 5th between Calle 6 & 8.

Do a search on www.playadelcarmeninfo.com for the Best of Playa and you should find a VERY complete listing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom