Good diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceanrealm

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
We just came back from our vacation in Australia. Had a great time on 5 days diving trip to GBR/Coral Sea!
Could someone tell me what would be a good place to dive around Caribbean in December-January after diving on GBR? Belize? Aruba? Caymans?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Having never dove GBR/Coral Sea all I can say is the best diving I have encountered in the Caribbean is 1) Turks & Caicos; 2) Little Cayman; and 3) Cozumel.

Tim Ingersoll:
Having never dove GBR/Coral Sea all I can say is the best diving I have encountered in the Caribbean is 1) Turks & Caicos; 2) Little Cayman; and 3) Cozumel.

I agree with Tim as to the top 3 places and would add Cayman Brac and Grand Cayman as # 4 & 5, then Bonaire. My wife and I were also diving on the GBR/Coral Sea a little over a year ago on our first liveaboard. The species diversity in the Coral Sea is greater than the Carribean but that doesn't mean the Carribean doesn't have its place as a great diving destination. We really like the Carribean and have to do on our Carribean list : !. Saba
2. Dominica
3. St. Vincent
Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

I would leave Aruba off the list myself. While the diving there is fine, there are much better choices. Of the Caribbean places I've been, Cayman Brac, Little Cayman, and Cozumel would be the top 3. Of course, I think that British Columbia also rates up there too, but that is a whole discussion.

diveborg:
I would leave Aruba off the list myself. While the diving there is fine, there are much better choices. Of the Caribbean places I've been, Cayman Brac, Little Cayman, and Cozumel would be the top 3. Of course, I think that British Columbia also rates up there too, but that is a whole discussion.

I agree about Cayman Brac and Little Cayman but, they might not be the best choices right now due to all the hurricane activity in the area.

Bonaire is always a nice place to go. We like the freedom the shore diving offers.

Coz and drift diving is about as laid back as you can get and pretty cheap overall.

I am headed to Curasao next Tuesday for 8 days of diving. I did a lot a research and picked the island based on lower crime rates than Bonaire, better diving than Aruba. We were originly suposed to go Grand Cayman, but Ivan screwed that up. I will post a report when I get back.

Definitely Bonaire. The entire reef is considered a Marine Park and is closely monitored. It is stunning. Also top side is great! Quiet, safe, relaxing. Excellent Restaurants.

Liz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom