Good diving in Japan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taliesin58

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of any good dive sites near Yamaguchi prefecture?

Also, I want to go to okinawa in march, but I don't know anything about the diving there. Recommendations?

There's quite good diving in the north of Yamaguchi. Have a look at post #3 of the Japanese local diving thread - I described Omi-shima there.

If you don't mind to drive a bit theree's also good diving in Kyushu - I go to Sasebo quite often.

Hello taliesin,

Sorry, never been to Yamaguchi, but Okinawa is good diving all year round. Nice beach diving locations around the island, boat trips can be taken to the Kerama Islands (about 1hr trip), and other boat dive locations. Lots to see in the way of coral, turtles, sharks, rays, caves, anenome fish, scholing tuna, the list goes on. The whale season is from now untill early march - you can hear them singing underwater and if you dive Kerama Islands, you can do some whale watching on the trip back. Water temp is a bit chily, but March should provide some sunshine. Definately worth checking out. Later

taliesin58:
Does anyone know of any good dive sites near Yamaguchi prefecture?

Also, I want to go to okinawa in march, but I don't know anything about the diving there. Recommendations?
For Okinawa, check out Doug at Reef Encounters. He is Japan diver on this board and his website is: http://www.reefencounters.org

Dam Jim I going to owe you more beer now!

As Jim said we run boats daily and have shore dives- night dives and all level of classes. We also run trips to Yonaguni and Ishigaki and have more spots coming this year as plans fall into place.

Hi taliesin58 , welcome to SB.

Kashiwajima is the most popular site in Kohchi prefecture.

BTW Japan-diver,

Do you have any offers to Yonaguni-trip from Naha or Haneda?

japan-diver:
Dam Jim I going to owe you more beer now!

As Jim said we run boats daily and have shore dives- night dives and all level of classes. We also run trips to Yonaguni and Ishigaki and have more spots coming this year as plans fall into place.
:D Hope I get to collect someday...

Thanks for all your advice. What beaches are good for beach dives in Okinawa?

Onna beach can be very nice (if you've got a 4x4 to get there). Other places would include Odo Kaigan (known as Channel Crevasses to the foreigners) which is down in my neck of the woods on the south coast. If you are looking for any shore diving spots then they're all over. You've got the 2 main seawalls (Sunabe and Kadena) which offer a few dive spots on each wall and very easy entry & exit, Zampa Misaki, Horseshoe & Toilet Bowl, Kin Red (sp?) and plenty of others too:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom