Good diving from Rio (Brazil)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I'm trying to combine diving with topside fun / interesting stuff (my girlfriend isn't into diving). Is there good diving from Rio?

Thanks,

JD

I was in Rio in March of 06. Tried with out luck to dive in Rio area. Was told scheduled trips to the wreck on Saturday, and Sunday and nights dives are only offered with a group (you might be able to sign on if the group needs one or two more divers to go). There are a couple dive operators there but I got the impression that most of their business is classes and trips.
I caught a ride up to Buzios (about 2 hours) for an overnight trip. Made 4 dives, water temp was in the low 70's and vis was about 40 feet. Some coral and so so fish life, but everyone is very friendly and Brazil is renown for their night life.

Hi JDelage,

It's true, diving close to Rio is really nothing much. Buzios is a great place to visit, nice historic city and all, but no great dives. If you can take the tour, a little north of Rio is Arraial do Cabo, with great marine life, good structure and nice beaches. Highly recomended but be prepared to face the coldest water in Brazil, ranging from 26ºC to 11ºC, but well worth the chill.

If you need a tip on who to contact or some assistance arranging dives, hotels or whatever, the operator I work for can help.

Ops!!! almost forgot: yes, the nightlife rules!! On Rio, Buzios (sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!) or Cabo Frio (close to Arraial), there are many interesting options, with or without your girlfriend. :wink:

best regards
Cesar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom