Good dive sites a plane ride from Singapore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm working in Singapore in November and have a week off to fill. I'd like to head off somewhere for some good quality diving and am happy to fly for up to 3 hours. Having dived off Sipidan Island in Borneo i feel a little spoilt, but are there any suggestions for dive locations i shouldn't miss with this opportunity? Any suggestions welcome.

Jonny

I think Bali meets your requirement. Fly to Manado and dive Lembeh if you're into macro. Anilao near Manila is another option.
Actually I think you shall post on Asian board or read scubasg.com which is the forum for singapore divers.

You've got a wonderful selection - smack bang in the 'golden triangle' of scuba diving. If you've done Mabul/Sipidan, then you next best options are Indonesia and the Philippines.

A flight to Cebu, Philippines will put you within a short distance of Malapascua and Moalboal. Absolutely world-class diving.

Bali would be my first choice. You might want to relax that 3-hour criterion a little. Is there still a direct flight on SilkAir to Manado? It may be a bit over 3 hours, but it's direct, and the trip from the airport to the dive resorts is not that bad.

Flight to Manado is under 4hrs + land & sea transfer to Bangga, Bunaken and Lembeh.
Please check if the weather would be WET.

Another vote for Malapascua. Very popular destination from Singapore as its a 3 hours flight. As one flight arrives at 4am you can be wet by 930! Its the only place to see Thresher Sharks in the world so that makes it world class I believe but the sharks are just the icing on a rich, marine cake! And then throw in a few WWII wrecks, pristine beaches, great food and cheap, chilled beers and all is good. If you're interested PM me for more details or can find me through Evolution Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom