Good Dive Shop in Koh Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dandi23

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Everyone,

I'm going end of March in Koh Tao and like to say for about a week.
I'm certified PADI Rescue diver.
I've booked the hotel alreday stay in Sairee beach
I'm looking for a good PADI Shop in the island that has the following:

-New and comfortable boats ( Very important as we pass most of the time on it!!)
-Organize and flexible to arrange Trips to Sail Rock and to other dive site on demands
-Not far away from sairee beach

Please if anyone has been there I really appreciate any feedback

Thank you in advance,

I can recommend Sairee Cottage Diving. Most shops on Koh Tao go out at 6 AM, dive two tanks, come back at noon, go out again at 12:30, dive two more tanks, come back around 17:30, then maybe go out again for a night dive; Sairee Cottage Diving has two boats - one for courses on the regular schedule, and the other for fun divers, which goes out at 8 AM, dives three tanks and comes back around 16:30. Fried rice and fruit is served on board between second and third dives, and they frequently go around the island to the eastern side, which takes some time to reach, but is much less crowded. The boat is comfortable - there are benches and tables on the sun deck - but like all the boats in Koh Tao, it's a converted fishing boat, so there is no diving platform. I don't know of any shops doing on-demand trips to Sail Rock, but most post a schedule outside the shop detailing on which day of the week they're going there. That said, if you're going to Koh Tao just to dive rather than to take courses, biodiversity is much better on the Andaman Sea side of the country - Phuket, Similans, Lanta, etc. Koh Tao's main advantages are that it's cheap, you can dive 4-5 tanks a day if you have a mind to, and the dives are easy - visibility is usually middling to very good, the sites don't go too deep (there's no wall diving with a yawning abyss underneath you) and there are no currents to speak of.

You should have a chat with the guys at Big Blue Diving on Sairee Beach too, they've a separate boat for the fundivers so can visit more sites, and not just the beginner ones. They also visit Sail Rock, Samran Pinnacle and all the other best sites!

Sairee Cottage are also a pretty good suggestion from above ^

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom