Good day from Folsom Ca

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NewScubaDude

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I started lurking a month or two ago while preparing for vacation in Hawaii and am excited to explore the underwater world through diving. With all the eagerness of any newb I can’t wait to dive more.

Looking forward to finding any excuse to get wet, and want to check out Monterey and Tahoe at least. Wish there were more great sites closer to home, and hoping to find more local areas to explore.

Definitely enjoying and appreciating all the info I’ve learned on here!

I started lurking a month or two ago while preparing for vacation in Hawaii and am excited to explore the underwater world through diving. With all the eagerness of any newb I can’t wait to dive more.

Looking forward to finding any excuse to get wet, and want to check out Monterey and Tahoe at least. Wish there were more great sites closer to home, and hoping to find more local areas to explore.

Definitely enjoying and appreciating all the info I’ve learned on here!
Welcome. I believe there is a song in your place of residence if you happen to be a Johnny Cash fan. Be safe

Hey NewScubaDude, welcome to SB. My buddy and I dive all around the area 2x per week and are always welcoming new scuba buds. We live in El Dorado Hills and dive Folsom Lake, Nimbus dam, Rainbow Bridge and other spots (monterey at least 1x a month and heading to Tahoe this Tuesday). If you'd like to join us, shoot me a message and we will let you know when we are headed out. We always dive sunday mornings at Rainbow and Wednesday or Thursday nights.

We dove the Greenback bridge yesterday (excellent vis for the river - about 15 to 20 feet) first, then headed to Willow Creek (5 feet of vis with spots of 7ish.) and it was rough. We focus on picking up trash and collecting "treasure". Again, if you are interested, give me a shout.

Welcome. I believe there is a song in your place of residence if you happen to be a Johnny Cash fan. Be safe
You are correct! The Man in Black visited some years ago and is quite popular around here. If you’re ever in town I recommend the Johnny Cash Burger at ost any bar in town. 😁

Hey NewScubaDude, welcome to SB. My buddy and I dive all around the area 2x per week and are always welcoming new scuba buds. We live in El Dorado Hills and dive Folsom Lake, Nimbus dam, Rainbow Bridge and other spots (monterey at least 1x a month and heading to Tahoe this Tuesday). If you'd like to join us, shoot me a message and we will let you know when we are headed out. We always dive sunday mornings at Rainbow and Wednesday or Thursday nights.

We dove the Greenback bridge yesterday (excellent vis for the river - about 15 to 20 feet) first, then headed to Willow Creek (5 feet of vis with spots of 7ish.) and it was rough. We focus on picking up trash and collecting "treasure". Again, if you are interested, give me a shout.
Dude! That’d be awesome. I bumped into Merman Mike a month or so ago and am intrigued by diving local. Many poo poo it and training in Folsom showed vis is minimal, but even so developing skills and getting practice would be good. Love the idea of cleaning up too. I’ll give a yell!

Just joined ScubaBoard and saw your exchange with NewSubaDude... I'm originally from LA area but moved to No CA in 2009. I was pretty spoiled with Catalina, San Diego and some of the islands but never really got into No CA diving until my GF got certified last year. She and I have dove Tahoe (we're both done the Altitude course) and Monterey but not Folsom or the rivers and would enjoy learning more about these other local sites.

We always welcome new diver friends, LG4Scuba. We dive 2 tanks on a weeknight and 2 tanks Sunday mornings. We'd love to meet you guys. Hit me up with a message and we can chat specifics. Happy bubbles!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom