Good and Bad Diving in Grand Bahamas

Which of these dive shops on Grand Bahama Island would you recommend to a friend?

• Grand Bahamas Scuba

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Carribean Divers

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Unexsco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xanadu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bosstone75

Reaction score
Hello all! For the good of the cause and to help vent some of our frustation... I'd like to tell you all about 2 dive shops in the Grand Bahamas.

The first dive shop we went through was Grand Bahamas Scuba located at Ocean Reef Yacht Club in Freeport. This experience was excellent. They have 3 experienced divers that went with our group and their personalities played well of each other. They had all the right equipment for our needs, they were very friendly and helpful and they took us to some interesting spots and let us explore.

The second dive shop we went through was Carribean Divers located at Bell Channel Inn. We thought it was going to be a cheaper and better deal, but it was neither. They didn't have the right equipment in our size and the equipment they did give us leaked out our precious O2! They only had 2 dive instructors and they had 7 people including 3 people who were doing certification dives! The instructor kept banging a piece of metal to get all of our attention throughout the ENTIRE DIVE! He wanted us to look at him more than at the marine life. To top it all off the dive site was poor and he made us come back up when I still had 2000 psi in my tank. The original briefing asked us to come back up with 500-1000 psi. I lost about 1/2 a dive! At the end of it all, we were so annoyed that we asked for our money back, but of course that didn't happen.

So, overall... thanks to Fred, Sara and Suziki at Grand Bahama Scuba and a great big rasberry goes out to Carribean Divers!

Hope you all find this helpful! I'm also going to post a little poll to find out other's opinions on dive shops in the Bahamas.

Bill

I dive with Grand Bahama Scuba each year. Great staff, Great Diving!! My wife and I are members at Ocean Reef Resort and Yacht Club.It's really nice to be able to walk to the dive boat from our Unit.
I haven't dived with the other Dive Operators on the Island. I have talked with lot's of divers who have. I won't be diving with anyone else!!!

GBS gets a :thumb: :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom