Good All-inclusive in Playa Del Carmen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeanMc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm taking the whole family to Playa Del Carmen in June and we are looking for a nice All-Inclusive resort.

My wife was looking at the Colonial Paladium Grand Resort (Avg $232 per night), but I'm worried about the time to taxi to the ferry (nephew and I will be going to Cozumel at least once) or to downtown.

Because my nephew and I are the only divers in the group, it is important that we find a resort that will allow everyone to have fun (kids (5 and 8) and wife are non-divers).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty much anywhere in Playacar is convenient to the ferry and downtown Playa, and Playacar is where most of the all-inclusives are. I've stayed at Riu Playacar before. It was not as nice as some all-inclusives I've been to but not shabby by any means. Most of the properties there looked similar or better, and it's a 50 peso cab ride to downtown.

Ed

Sean,

There's a whole 'nother board that's chock full of information on PDC AI's
here

Use the search function and you'll get tons of useful (and some less than useful) information.

In May, my wife and I, along with another couple (best friends and dive buddy:)) are going to Secrets, near PDC. Check out their site: http://www.secretsresorts.com/capri/index.html

The last two years, we stayed at Moon Palace, North of Puerto Morelos and find its a great place, just we wish to try something new this time around.

we have stayed at the Pallidiaum and are going back in june also . Super nice place
if you have any questions , let me know

chris

Chris,

Secrets Capri won't work for Sean since it's "Adults Only". Who's this Dive Buddy you're talking about? And when are you taking his stuff to the LDS to get serviced?

Our family went to PDC in January and stayed at Viva Wyndham Azteca
http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/CZMVA/main.wnt

Our stay there was excellent! The resort is Italian run and the food quailty was quite good. It was one of the smaller resorts (230 rooms vs. 500) which we prefer for a more relaxed setting. Our kids (9 & 12) enjoyed the kids club and the staff were very professional and took great care of them. We had no concerns with their activities. Lots of activities for the adults as well(sports, aerobics,dancing, etc.) but the entertainment crew didn't bug you to participate if you just wanted to veg.

I would suggest that you pay the $5 US to go into town to take advantage of the dive operators in town. We had one dive with the on-site dive shop (Scuba Caribe) and I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. They were more interested in making money than providing a safe and enjoyable dive experience.

We used Scuba Playa to do reef diving and found them to be safety conscious, client oriented and reasonably priced. We also had made arrangements to dive with Tankha, but the dives got scrubbed by rough weather. We also booked cenote diving through Scuba Playa. The hired a local certified cave diver to take us to Chak Mool for a day excursion. They picked us up at the hotel, so you didn't have to worry about travel and limited the group to max of 4 divers.

I would recommend diving Tortuga reef as this is a great drift dive know for it's sea turtles. We saw over 15 huge sea turtles and many fish!!!

Enjoy!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom