Golf and Scuba best place in Carribean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We love Mexico - Playa del Carmen, Cabo, and Puerto Vallarta but this february I want to try someplace other than Mexico. So where do you think is the best place for good diving and golf. My husband golfs and I do both. I like pretty fish and lots of them, pretty coral is good too. I like seeing big stuff but is not a necessity. Warm water is good too. We will be flying all the way from Alaska so it will take us at least a full day to get where ever we choose. Thanks for the help. Chocoholic

any ideas?

Chocoholic:
We love Mexico - Playa del Carmen, Cabo, and Puerto Vallarta but this february I want to try someplace other than Mexico. So where do you think is the best place for good diving and golf. My husband golfs and I do both. I like pretty fish and lots of them, pretty coral is good too. I like seeing big stuff but is not a necessity. Warm water is good too. We will be flying all the way from Alaska so it will take us at least a full day to get where ever we choose. Thanks for the help. Chocoholic

I know you said you wanted to try something else besides Mexico but Cozumel would be a great choice. Obviously the diving there is fantastic but the golf course on the island is also top notch. Just make sure you arrange your tee times around the groups from the cruise ships.

Turks & Caicos, Provo is also a very good choice. The diving is great and the course on the island is one of the best in the Caribbean

Curacao, the diving is top notch and the golf course is well laid out, but course conditions can be, well let's just say "not up to par"

Aruba, the diving is not the greatest but the golf course is very nice, however they don't mow the greens very short so they are SLOW!!!!!

There are some great course in Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica but I really can't speak to the diving in these locations

fins:
I know you said you wanted to try something else besides Mexico but Cozumel would be a great choice. Obviously the diving there is fantastic but the golf course on the island is also top notch. Just make sure you arrange your tee times around the groups from the cruise ships.

Turks & Caicos, Provo is also a very good choice. The diving is great and the course on the island is one of the best in the Caribbean

Curacao, the diving is top notch and the golf course is well laid out, but course conditions can be, well let's just say "not up to par"

Aruba, the diving is not the greatest but the golf course is very nice, however they don't mow the greens very short so they are SLOW!!!!!

There are some great course in Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica but I really can't speak to the diving in these locations

Thanks for the tips, we will be going to Cozumel in February and staying at the Golf inclusive place Playa Azul..... I can't wait!

Chocoholic:
Thanks for the tips, we will be going to Cozumel in February and staying at the Golf inclusive place Playa Azul..... I can't wait!

Have a great:D time.

Chocoholic:
So where do you think is the best place for good diving and golf. My husband golfs and I do both. I like pretty fish and lots of them, pretty coral is good too. I like seeing big stuff but is not a necessity. Warm water is good too. Thanks for the help. Chocoholic

I was thinking maybe St. Croix... has anyone played the course there?

aquaagua:
I was thinking maybe St. Croix... has anyone played the course there?

It is very nice:D

Grand Cayman is on my list of places to go. Anybody heard anything about golfing there?

aquaagua:
Grand Cayman is on my list of places to go. Anybody heard anything about golfing there?

There are two courses there. One a 9 hole course with two sets of pins where you have to use the limited flight "Cayman" ball.

There is also a fulled sized 18 hole course called Safe Haven. However, I do not know if it ever re-opened after Hurricane Ivan.

Back
Top Bottom