Golem Wings are bullet proof

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsteding:
Look closer at his post, you all still don't get it . . .

LOL! A previous poster said that she is using the wing from the gun-em' up video. Is it good manners to keep a joke going beyond April Fool's? My favorite April Fool's was a rebreather company in the Far East making a cheap, inexpensive rebreather for the masses.

X

Mr.X:
LOL! A previous poster said that she is using the wing from the gun-em' up video. Is it good manners to keep a joke going beyond April Fool's? My favorite April Fool's was a rebreather company in the Far East making a cheap, inexpensive rebreather for the masses.

X

I really am diving a Golem 35# stainless combo just like in the video. And I do love it. It really is well made. So I am diving the rig shown in the video and I did dive it last weekend. It handled so nice in the water. This is my first bp/w. I spent a couple of hours in the pool getting used to it and getting my weights placed correctly. When I got in the water this weekend it was like wearing nothing at all. I spent a lot of time looking at gear. If I were making the choice again today, I would purchase another Golem.

I think Jakub was pretty clear that it was a spoof. The OP says in the spirit of today here is a video and you can see they are shooting all around it by the way the dirt flys. And when people keep telling you that you aren't getting it, maybe go back and read the posts to see what they are hinting at. Just a thought.:eyebrow:

leah:
I really am diving a Golem 35# stainless combo just like in the video. And I do love it. It really is well made. So I am diving the rig shown in the video and I did dive it last weekend. It handled so nice in the water. This is my first bp/w. I spent a couple of hours in the pool getting used to it and getting my weights placed correctly. When I got in the water this weekend it was like wearing nothing at all. I spent a lot of time looking at gear. If I were making the choice again today, I would purchase another Golem.

I think Jakub was pretty clear that it was a spoof. The OP says in the spirit of today here is a video and you can see they are shooting all around it by the way the dirt flys. And when people keep telling you that you aren't getting it, maybe go back and read the posts to see what they are hinting at. Just a thought.:eyebrow:

LOL! It looks like a very, very nice wing + it's a special wing by virtue of it's "testing"! Jakub and Curt got Compu dude and me pretty good!

Cheers,

X

Guys and Gals,
You got it
It was an Aprils fools joke. :D
BUT the bullets were actually hitting the wing. The ones that missed were due to my poor marksmanship :)
If you look close, or stop the frame, you will see bullets bouncing off the wing, only it is not the 9mm round :D

The bladder in our wings is also Cordura/nylon (560 denier), so no "pinch flats"

Back
Top Bottom