Golden syrup tea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hey all ... sorry to post a non-dive related question, but can't think where else to put it

a friend of mine bought some "Golden Syrup" tea which she says is from New Zealand, but has not been able to find it since

do any of you recognize the name? anywhere on line that it can be bought?

thanks in advance

and

All Blacks rule

:wink:

Oooo .. and to think I used to think you were discerning :D

Never heard of Golden Syrup Tea ... but you used to be able to buy tins of Golden Syrup ... it was like treacle, haven't seen it for years, but then again I havent really looked for it!

http://www.csrsugar.com.au/ViewProduct.aspx?id=9

lol

actually,if you think of the oppose of "infinite"

that's how much i know about rugby

lol

actually,if you think of the oppose of "infinite"

that's how much i know about rugby

Ahhh ... I see just trying to get on the good side of the Kiwi's .... thats cool, they are a good bunch of people except when the all blacks beat the wallabies :D

I am interested to see the result of your question about the tea.

I agree with Packhorse - never heard of it - I can imagine people drinking golden syrup diluted with boiling water and calling it golden syrup 'tea' but never seen a product of that name.

Alison

I agree never heard of it as a commercially available tea, but have had it in hot water and it's a regular feature of my morning porridge!
Golden syrup..
images-4.jpg

And it's bigger bolder cousin.. (The Laphroaig of the sugar world)
Treacle-TinSjpg.jpg

Makes getting up in the morning worthwhile!:sleeping:

excellent, thank you guys

i'll pass on the news

I'm wondering whether "golden syrup tea" is some form of euphamism along the lines of "gum boot tea"?

Gum boot tea is (I think!) where you let the bag stew for far too long and it turns into a thick cuppa, strong enough to stand a spoon up in.

Maybe golden syrup tea has so much sugar in it that it's like golden syrup????

I might be clutching at straws here, mind you...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom