Gold coast Seaway Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozzydamo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Monday, Anzac day, wind over 20/25knts of cape Moreton, so no boat dive for me thanks to rough and wild outside so, I look at the high tide for the seaway and jumped in about an hour before the the high tide peaked (was the 3rd quarter neep tide so only slight).
It's a sneaky little site here, lots of fish life like trevally's, stingrays, flathead, bream, tahwhine, yellowtail kingfish, mulloway and sand whiting. Als some really nice tropical stuff like-
Pineapple fish, Angel fish, butterfly fish, trout cod, lion fish, estuary cod, squirrel fish, parrot fish and if you look carefully ghost pipe fishes- both ornate and robust varieties.
Watch out for the effluent outfall which cranks up on the out going tide!
:(
You can avoid the murk by staying on the west side of the pipe after the tide changes to run out(pipe fishes on the west side), easy effort dive good for bad sea conditions.
Cheers,
Damo

Back
Top Bottom