Going to the Park Saturday - Will the Conditions hold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I hope so. I may even dive wet if its warm enough.

Dave,

I was there this past Saturday...My friend from Ireland had her first SoCal dives and enjoyed all 3 dives. We were the first ones in on Saturday and dive 1 had the best conditions in the shallow water (pretty clear water with 25-30' viz)...as we went deeper to the SuJack conditions got worse (more particulates and viz around 20-25'). Also the temperature dropped quite noticeably around 40' or so down to 53F...it went to low 60s above that...

There was a small leopard shark roaming around and black sea bass (small ones).

Have a fun trip.

I'll be diving wet too. Heard the temps are up still. Might get a little cooler current out by the Sujac but looks like the warm up during SI's will be easy.

merxlin:
Might get a little cooler current out by the Sujac but looks like the warm up during SI's will be easy.

I hope you get beautiful weather like this past Saturday! Patchy clouds in the morning and during the 1st SI, pure sunshine with no clouds in sight and temps in the mid to high 70s...It was a good change of pace for my friend and Dublin has been rainy/cloudy.

Have a good trip.

I've been diving my 3mm shorty with the back unzipped (not to mention a big hole under one of my arms). No vest, no hood. Toasty. Dove Descanso today... vis was pretty good 20-25 ft but the sand was being stirred up a little by a very odd swell. Heard conditions at the dive park were great.

I'd say the conditions held up just fine:

BatRay.jpg

SheepCrab2011.jpg

MonsterKelpBass.jpg

School.jpg

BlackSeaBass.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom