Going to the Long Beach Scuba Show this Weekend? Stop By and Say Hi...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveHeart

DiveHeart Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We're looking forward to the Long beach scuba show this weekend. Stop by booth 165 and find out how you can "Imagine the Possibilities" with us!
#scubashow #scubadivers #diveindustry #longbeachca #adaptivedivers #adaptivesports #divebuddies #nonprofit #veterans #disabilityadvocate
scuba show.jpg

Jim,

Truefin will be there also, but only in regards to a scuba fin. Anyway, several years ago we developed this oscillating fin apparatus to see if it would have an application for adaptive divers who have full use of their upper body, but I was not sure it would be well received, and it needed more development, so I let the patents expire early. It is capable of two mph, but if a person has a strong upper body perhaps it would propel the diver somewhat faster. It is now in the public domain and free for any individual or company to build. It's an odd ball contraption, and although a diver can move up or down in the water column by arching your torso, and you can make a gradual turn if you only operate one handle, a BCD would of course be required so that a diver could readily surface. We did not dive deep with it. If this is something you may be interested in experimenting with you might have a chat with Mark at booth 713. Mark has used this apparatus. Shane who will also be there is familiar with it. I'm not looking for anything out of this, and it is just in storage and just wondered if this is something you think some adaptive divers would want to use. I suppose most divers who do not have use of their lower body just use electric propulsion.

Regards,
Joe Maresh
/Oregon

I’ll be manning the LA County booth on Sunday, I’ll swing by!

Back
Top Bottom