Going to the Hole this weekend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wijbrandus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone else going to be there?

My wife is taking her AOW finally. In addition, we are both getting our drysuit cards done as well, so we will be diving Friday evening and the usual Saturday and Sunday too.

If you are there, come on over and say hi. I'll be driving a black jeep wrangler. I'm the big fat guy with a tall skinny wife.

Hope I get to meet someone!

I'll be there! We have our monthly fundies practice on Sunday, plus some other folks from the LDS will be there as well just diving.

We will be over at the Southeast set picnic tables in the main parking lot. Come over and say hi!

Kevin,

Dang, I didn't see this until I got home tonight. Wish I'd met you there. I'll look more carefully next time.

Had a good time though. I was with the A-1 group, in case you saw us.

Drysuits rock. Can't wait to get me one.

Okay, you guys were there today? What do you know about this? Blue Hole closing next month for dredging See this thread

Don,

To be honest, I wasn't even paying attention. I was in a training environment, not diving for fun, and I didn't have a chance to talk to Stella to see what was going on.

There wasn't anything posted in obvious places, I can tell you that.

Oh, and the water is still cold. But not when it's 44F outside...

Wijbrandus:
Kevin,

Dang, I didn't see this until I got home tonight. Wish I'd met you there. I'll look more carefully next time.

Had a good time though. I was with the A-1 group, in case you saw us.

Drysuits rock. Can't wait to get me one.
I looked for your Jeep. Didn't see it when I got there and just went and dove. We'll get it together one of these days!!

It was a little cold there on Sunday with the wind blowing. I LOVE my drysuit!! The other divers in our little group are still wet and NOT loving it.......

DandyDon:
Okay, you guys were there today? What do you know about this? Blue Hole closing next month for dredging See this thread
Thanks Don. I did hear about it already. That's one of the reasons I wanted to get wet before they did that!!

Wijbrandus:
Don,

To be honest, I wasn't even paying attention. I was in a training environment, not diving for fun, and I didn't have a chance to talk to Stella to see what was going on.

There wasn't anything posted in obvious places, I can tell you that.

Oh, and the water is still cold. But not when it's 44F outside...

Hey glad to hear you got your AOW done.

What type of DrySuit did you dive? I purchased a Bare-NexGen. I've only dove it once.. it was in a word.. strange :D

I'm going to be doing a drysuit class this winter.. sometime..

You interested in selling the course materials?

Maybe we will all get together at the Res this summer, or maybe even Jefferson lake!! I could use to find some vis somewhere in this Dive Challanged State...

Ron,

We dove in Henderson 7mm drysuits, not trilams. I was able to try out a Mobby's trilam for one dive. I liked the Henderson better because the squeeze was much more like a hug than a squeeze (and the Mobby didn't fit right anyway).

The course materials are just the drysuit chapter in the PADI AOW manual. :) You probably already have it.

Oh, and it was just my wife getting her AOW. I've had mine for a little over a year now. Wanted her to get caught up with me (she came to scuba later), and now we can continue our education together.

Looking forward to the summer diving season as well. I'm hoping to get into drysuits for ourselves, but I don't know when, and I don't think I'll be doing Jefferson wet. Brrrrrr.

Wijbrandus:
Looking forward to the summer diving season as well. I'm hoping to get into drysuits for ourselves, but I don't know when, and I don't think I'll be doing Jefferson wet. Brrrrrr.

Well, at least you'd be able to see more than 1 foot!! :D

My experience with Aurora is to dive it early. I dove it about once a month from May to Sept. As the Summer progressed the vis declined. In June, we actually had 10~15 feet of vis at times!

Back
Top Bottom