Going to the Bahamas for our Honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire5man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am on my way to the Bahamas for my honeymoon in October. We are staying at the Sandals. I have been diving for a few years and this will be my first in "warm" water. My wife to be is hoping to get here certification by the time we go but if not I guess she will get a quick class on the islands. I was just wondering if anyone has ever used the diving services at the resort. What do you think about them? Is there any reason I should look at another dive service.

Thanks

I am on my way to the Bahamas for my honeymoon in October. We are staying at the Sandals. I have been diving for a few years and this will be my first in "warm" water. My wife to be is hoping to get here certification by the time we go but if not I guess she will get a quick class on the islands. I was just wondering if anyone has ever used the diving services at the resort. What do you think about them? Is there any reason I should look at another dive service.

Thanks

I would recommend that she do the classroom and pool at home and do a referral to Bahamas for the 4 OW dives. Less time wasted and more time to learn what she needs to learn to be a safe diver. A "quick" class is not a safe class and especially at a Resort where their focus is getting you in the water so you can spend more money. Don't rush the certification is all I am trying to say... you want a good, safe dive buddy who is confident and wants to dive as much as you do!

and you might want to read up on Sandals:
"Friends don't let friends dive Sandals."+

Personally, I would look at training and diving with another op there. Like Stuart Cove's... Stuart Cove's, Nassau Bahamas diving, snorkeling, and subs
Good place for doing classes and they pick up and drop off at hotels.

robin:D

I'm currently engaged in a DM course at coves. I'm an expat from UK living and working here for about the last two years. I cant speak highly enuff of the out fits out here. Bahama Divers and Stuart coves are the only real choices unless you know of a local instructor.
Despite the global understanding of how safety and trainning may be relaxed over here, i can tell you first hand, THEY AIN'T. very thorough and professional, very detailed and precise.
This is the softest learnning environment. Absolutely ideal for a referral. I'd say RobinT is spot on!
There's great diving out here, no question.
If i can answer any thing further from a local's perspective please ask!
And, hey, congratulations!
Dan

My wife and I did our classroom and pool at home then did our ow cert in curcao at a resort. I feel that is a great way to do it. We learned alot at out LDS. When we got down there the resort dive people were very impressed at how much we knew. I agree down there they kind of rush it to get you in the water. By having done all the basic learning at the LDS we both felt very comfortable with the OW there. Good Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom