Going to Playa for my first dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khacken

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, it looks like the weather is holding here in Dallas, so I should be able to do my lake dives to get certified before I go to PDC. I am going to use Sealife as they will work with me and do two shallow dives per day, instead of the standard 100ft, then 40ft dives that most of the shops do.

But I have a couple of questions. Should I buy a shorty? I can handle cold, but would prefer to be comfortable, since it is going to be my first real dive. Also, can they be worn under full wetsuits? I will be diving some lakes here in Texas with nasty thermoclines and thought it would be good to have some extra warmth for the checkout dives next week.

Most operators will let you use a shorty. I bought a 1mm full for that area. It works fine in that warm water. I was in PDC in Feb. and the water temp was 81. Have fun:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom