Going To Lombok: Any Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

four_engines

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello All You Divers

The last good thread on Lombok was posted some time ago so...

I'm heading to the Indonesian island of Lombok in early June and would appreciate any suggestions or comments on where to stay and who to dive with.

Just some points:

- I want to stay at a beach with nice fine sand. The Sengigi beach doesn't look as attractive as those on the Gilis. Is it true?

- I've read that fresh water is not available on the Gilis, even on Trawangan, except for The Beach House?

- The most corals at the Gilis are reported to be dead and as such, diving there is not worth the time and effort. Is it that bad?

- As for diving in South Lombok, the attraction of The Magnet is the school of Hammerhead sharks. What's the hit rate like? Are they always there? And is the diving there as hair-raising an experience as it's been made out to be?

- Cost of stay, such as food and water and transport: How does it compare with Bali?

Thanks in advance!

F/E

I went to Lombok about 3 years ago, so things my be different now.

I stayed on Gili Trawangan, at Villa Almarik. They didn't have fresh water there. However, Villa Ombak is supposed to have fresh water.

Diving in the Gilis was a disappointment. Most of the corals were dead. They did have many turtles though.

Having said that, I have heard that the diving in South Lombok is much better.

Check these guys out !
I enjoyed my time on the Gilis. Yeah, there's some dead coral, but you also gte loads of turtles munching on it. Saw some cool stuff - baby white tips, ghost pipe fish, harlequin shrimp etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom