Going to Ft. Pickens Sunday, August 20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BearGrizzle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Planning on getting there around 12:30, get in the water around 1 or 1:15, then do another dive around tide change which i believe is 3:00 if anyone else wants to join. Have a good one!:crafty:

High tide is at 2:07 AM, Low tide is at 2:20pm. Tide will slacken around the low tide, too, but visibility may not be too good. Have fun, be careful.

sounds like fun... but, going to try out the new reef.... if i can spell it right.... by portofino... have you been there? gonna be there aroung 8am if ya wanna join

Sorry man, i'm in process of moving still and I don't have internet at the apartment, so i didn't get this until after we were back, have not done Portofino, however i've been wanting to. Conditions were ok, vis was about 5 ft down to about 20 feet, then after that, it increased to around 10-12. Had some current, but the current had slacked off around low tide just LM said above. All in all it was a pretty good dive, got two tanks in, got in water at around 1 and we were headed back to Mobile by 4. Saw lots of flounder, 3 octopus, what appeared to be a grey moray eel, some filefish, and the other usual suspects. I'll certainly hit ya up next time we head that way, sorry again for the late response. Totally would have hooked up with ya had i seen it. Next time! Depends on this hurricane, i may be working 7 days a week in the near future :(

Awesome man!! sounds like a good day! no worries, you didn't miss much at portofino...vis was ,3-5ft, and we were chased out by jellyfish...lol... didn't even get one full dive in.... but was still fun and kind of funny. the jellyfish were huge and there were a lot of them! thanks for the report on your dive. I still haven't dove at pickens because I just do not know where to go and don't really want to go blindly wondering around....lol...
Hopefully this storm wont hit here and we can get together soon....

Thanks Again.
Cliff :D

We had a couple of great dives at St. Andrews in Panama City yesterday. We had nine divers from the Gulf Coast Diving Society meet about 9:00am. We got a couple of long dives in and saw at least three huge (300+ lbs.) Goliath grouper. Lots of green algae settled on the bottom but visibility was good above it. Everybody got a couple of hours underwater. Harvey and Laura had over 3 hours between their 2 dives. Great dives, great fun, great friends.

Aw man! Sucks since the hurricane I am having to work 7 days a week now for the foreseeable future. My dive season is about over for the year I'm afraid. Glad ya'll had a good trip! I guess the silver lining is making good money so i can finish out my gear outfitting and be ready to dive hard next year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom