Going to Dutch Springs 1st time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went last weekend - It was cool - Did a dive by a mine shaft

Will go back

the water was cooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllldddddddddd

Scubydoobydoo:
Went last weekend - It was cool - Did a dive by a mine shaft
Mine shaft at dutch? Do you mean the pump house on the left in the back? You go in by an old tower/pier. Then drop down to the pump house then work your way along the pipes that come up to the surface.

Scubydoobydoo:
the water was cooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllldddddddddd
Actualy it is starting to warm up. :)

I agree with Hambleto, warmer than I thought it would be a week ago but I am diving dry, lol. I had 49 at 62ft and that's not too bad. Surface temps getting close to 70 now. I like the new Koi they added. They hang out by the diver entry docks and are pretty friendly. I saw hundreds and maybe thousands of baby fish around the island. It was good to get back to Dutch but I do regret not having time to try the new sky challenge and rock climbing. Looked fun! Probably heading there this Sunday again.

Was there last weekend (June 3rd/4th). It was cold but not to bad. Havent been there before so it was cool checking some stuff out like the chopper and plane.

Im going to go back in a few weeks to check out the pump house and get some of my new gear wet. Rather work out the bugs there instead of on vacation 3000 miles away.

Planning my first trip too. Couldn't find this on the website but I wasn't planning on packing a float/flag. Do not tell me one needs to drag one around in a scubapark???

piikki:
Planning my first trip too. Couldn't find this on the website but I wasn't planning on packing a float/flag. Do not tell me one needs to drag one around in a scubapark???

No, leave the flag at home. It isn't required. Boating (motor) isn't allowed. Do bring some sneakers so you can try the new sky challenge though.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom