Going Down ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
You learn real quick when your product is delayed and customers get testy you might be going down. Over the past 30 some years we have stayed with American Manufacturing. It's been hard to compete with China and else where almost to the point of closing our doors. Due to our military contacts we have kept rolling. But today I see a American I have loved going down real fast. Here's the note........
bob-sus-flag-2458.jpg
Dear Bob We are extremely backed up in the shop due to our inability to get workers. Many have retired, a few have left for their own reasons, and new workers don't show up reliably (if at all). Tough time to be in manufacturing. We are doing our best to satisfy everyone we can. It's never been like this in my 30 years of business.

I've been a teacher off and on for 25 years. I'm not surprised its difficult to find workers and that others don't show up and aren't reliable. School administration and parents never enforce kids showing up to class at all or on time. They wouldn't do any work and if I failed them, administration would change their grade to passing. I always knew it was going to get all of us eventually. I'm worried for the day when I'm dying in a hospital and a kid who grew up with no discipline has to take care of me. Friend of mine just got operated on, they couldn't begin the operation because the machine that monitors vitals wasn't working. Ends up, one of the medical "professionals" unplugged the machine and plugged in his phone because it needing charging. Sorry for the rant.

I've been a teacher off and on for 25 years. I'm not surprised its difficult to find workers and that others don't show up and aren't reliable. School administration and parents never enforce kids showing up to class at all or on time. They wouldn't do any work and if I failed them, administration would change their grade to passing. I always knew it was going to get all of us eventually. I'm worried for the day when I'm dying in a hospital and a kid who grew up with no discipline has to take care of me. Friend of mine just got operated on, they couldn't begin the operation because the machine that monitors vitals wasn't working. Ends up, one of the medical "professionals" unplugged the machine and plugged in his phone because it needing charging. Sorry for the rant.
Love the Rant, learning to enjoy what comes up each day, Haik at anchor, Santa Cruz Island
h-10.jpg-fw.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom