Going back to Cozumel, Dec 11-20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alanconstant

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Our addiction to diving is now complete.

We cancelled a cruise we had booked back in February. In fact, I don't see us taking another cruise for the foreseeable future (the great diving in Cozumel, but also environmental concerns).

We enjoyed the island so much in July, it was the obvious choice.

Once again, we will stay at Villablanca and dive with Papa Hogs.

Anyone else planning on Cozumel mid-December? I thought hanging out and talking with other divers at the hotel pool was one of the really nice aspects of our July trip.

Anyone else going to be in Cozumel at this time?? Thought I'd bump Alan's post and see if anyone chimes in ..... :wave:

I have been to Cozumel 3 years in a row and always dived with Dive Paradise. The only reason that I didn't go this year was becasue I had to check out Bonaire & Curacao for myself. I stay @ the Barracuda when I go to Cozumel. I have never dove w./ Papa Hogs, How is the operation ? Do they go to The northern reefs, which Dive Paradise doesn't. Is it 3 tanks a day ? Let me know, I am intrested in going in December if everything goes as planned. Thanx for the response, Good Divin, George

George,

Papa Hogs runs 4 or 5 boats at 8:30 and at 1:00. The 6-pack boats are very fast, but I don't know if they go to the northern reefs. I am certain they would do a 3 tank trip if they had a group interested. Their web site is is down, but their email is Diving@PapaHogs.com. Maragaret always responds to questions quickly and directly.

The DMs took us anywhere we wanted to go and did a good job with the different groups underwater. It was only our second dive vacation, but I thought they run a great operation. We stayed at Villablanca, just across the street from Papa Hogs pier-- it couldn't have been more convenient.

If you are down there when we are, we would do a 3 tank trip. I am not sure about the northern reefs (a bit too advanced for me).

Alan

Thanx for the info. I will have to check them out. I will see if they do 3 tanks a day. Actually, a night dive every other night is really my M.O. Thanx again, George

I'll be at the Villablanca Jan. 6-13, doing 3-tanks daily with Dive Paradise (2-tank AM, 1-tank PM). If any of you ScubaBoarders want to get togeather, give me a shout. I intend to dive my brains out for a week.:bonk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom