goin' first class....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d56nut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

Woo hooo....just had to share! We just got our statements from our United Mileage Plus cards. We officially both have enough miles to upgrade to first class for our trip in November! I called United and they still had first class seats available on our flight so we turned in our miles and we are riding up front on the way to Cozumel. I know there are lots of people who always go first class but this is a big deal for us! Last time we went to Cozumel was the first time we ever got to fly first class (they had some seats available and offered first come first serve for 100.00) and it was just wonderful. So, we applied for that United Visa Card...got them....got the bonus miles and we have now promptly redeemed them!

It's also the first time we got a non stop flight to Coz from Chicago.

This is our trip for our 10 year anniversary and this trip planning is exciting (not like we weren't in Coz 3 times in 2004 and once already this year). Staying at the new Cozumel Palace and diving with Christi / BlueXTsea.

Anyone else there from November 12th - 19th???

Michelle & Rick Hart

d56nut:
Hi All,
Nice! Did you book through United or Funjet?

After yesterday, I will only fly direct to Coz... I will NEVER go through Houston again!!!

OK, never say never but given a choice I will choose direct or use American and go through Dallas.

70 days huh? Hmmm, I'm on a 2 month average between trips... :crafty:

First class, I have heard of such things.

Wow. First class flight, Cozumel Palace and Blue XT Sea. Sounds pretty damn good! All you need now is Limo transfers and you're all set :)

-Chris

CALI68:
Wow. First class flight, Cozumel Palace and Blue XT Sea. Sounds pretty damn good! All you need now is Limo transfers and you're all set :)

-Chris

Cozumel Limos? Weren't they the guys pulling a rickshaw behind their scooters :)

Booked direct through United...I believe the flight cost was 400.00. At the time I booked I was happy to have gotten a flight...it was the day after Hurricane Emily. How was customs in Chicago coming back?

Michelle

Moodiejeff:
Nice! Did you book through United or Funjet?

After yesterday, I will only fly direct to Coz... I will NEVER go through Houston again!!!

OK, never say never but given a choice I will choose direct or use American and go through Dallas.

70 days huh? Hmmm, I'm on a 2 month average between trips... :crafty:

d56nut:
Booked direct through United...I believe the flight cost was 400.00. At the time I booked I was happy to have gotten a flight...it was the day after Hurricane Emily. How was customs in Chicago coming back?

Michelle
We flew Continental this time since United cancelled all their flights to Coz for several months. It was customs in Houston and Continental's crazy scheduling that made me vow to never go through that airport ever again... Continental gave us all of 55 minutes to go through customs, pick up our luggage, recheck the luggage, run 2 terminals over to make our connecting flight. The kicker was that we sat at the gate for 15-20 minutes before they could get someone to operate the ramp to let us disembark. If my math is correct we had 35-40 minutes after we got off the plane to make the next flight. We did... but just barely! Of course not all our bags made it, but they arrived this morning safe and sound.

Coming home is stressful enough... who needs that hassle on top of it?!?

Customs in Chicago (from our June trip) was a breeze!

Moodiejeff:
Direct flight? Wow, I wish I had that option. Last time there we flew American and they had our time between flights at 55 minutes too. Good thing the second leg of the trip was delayed or we wouldn't have made it.

I upgraded on our return flight from Aruba to Chicago, this past August. That's a 5 hour flight & I wanted to be comfortable. It was worth every penny.

d56nut:
Hi All,

Woo hooo....just had to share! We just got our statements from our United Mileage Plus cards. We officially both have enough miles to upgrade to first class for our trip in November! I called United and they still had first class seats available on our flight so we turned in our miles and we are riding up front on the way to Cozumel. I know there are lots of people who always go first class but this is a big deal for us! Last time we went to Cozumel was the first time we ever got to fly first class (they had some seats available and offered first come first serve for 100.00) and it was just wonderful. So, we applied for that United Visa Card...got them....got the bonus miles and we have now promptly redeemed them!

This is our trip for our 10 year anniversary and this trip planning is exciting (not like we weren't in Coz 3 times in 2004 and once already this year). Staying at the new Cozumel Palace and diving with Christi / BlueXTsea.

Anyone else there from November 12th - 19th???

Michelle & Rick Hart

Well Michelle and Rick, you guys are in like flint. :luxhello: Sounds like a great anniversary trip. Have a wonderful time ! Mike and Sue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom