Goat Island/Poor Knights Dives for a new diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beaumonde

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all...I'm new to diving and to this community. I'm getting my certification (open water cert in a couple weeks!) and on June 5th Im taking off for about 14 months of backpacking around New Zealand/Australia/Asia.

In New Zealand Ill be renting a campervan from Auckland, then spending a week or so driving around Northland. I wanted to dive at Goats Island and Poor Knights. Looking for advice on good shops to look for or good dives for a beginnner. I'll just be by myself, and I'm a 30 year old woman, if any of this matters.

Cheers!

For Goat Island. Welcome to Goat Island Dive & Snorkel | Auckland PADI Dive Courses | Snorkel Goat Island
Poorknights. Dive Poor Knights Islands. Diving Poor Knights Islands and shipwrecks HMNZS Tui and Waikato with Dive! Tutukaka New Zealand. / Dive! Tutukaka, Poor Knights Diving
Northland. Northland Dive - Welcome or Paihia Dive, Paihia, Bay of Islands, Kerikeri, Northland, Diving in New Zealand - Paihia Dive: The Underwater Experts .

If I wasn't moving to Mackay(Australia) mid May, could had offered to take you out diving around the Cavallis Islands and Rainbow Warrior.
Message me if you find your way up to Northern Queensland, see able buddying up for a dive?

Any of those that Down-Under suggested should suit you well.

In particular Northland Dive. Just let them know your experience level and they will look after you.
They also offer accommodation, food and full equipment hire not to mention an excellent social aspect to your trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom