Go to last read post working???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello.

Typically I hit the small right arrow in the 'last post' column. This used to take me to the last post I read / the last post made since I last logged onto Scubaboard. A couple days ago (maybe 4 or 5) this changed and is now taking me directly to the last post in the thread.

Is this a change with how Scubaboard is working? Did I inadvertantly change something in my options?

Please help! This is really annoying.

Paula

Nothing changed. Chances are you are clicking links after your session has already updated (15 minutes after you visit). In this case the system no longer knows what posts are new and simply sends you to the last post, just like it would if you clicked the link on a 3 month only thread.

Thank you for the information.

I've heard there is an option to make it so the board doesn't time out? If so, then I could hit 'mark all read' when I'm done each time. However, I can't find it. Is there such an option? And if so, where?

Paula

There is no such option -- our system has to update your login session otherwise you would still see posts from 2001 as being new.

i've wondered about this. thanks, paula, for asking and tech for the answer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom