Go pro UW video setup - possible improvementes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have the following setup:

1) Go pro Hero Black 6
2) Super suite case 60 meters
3) Backscatter red filters: dive shallow deep
4) Backscater flip Mount: "old model" should be flip 4
5) Light: Andoer scuba light
6) Tray: Shoot Tray

I am happy about it especially of the backscatter filters
I am considering to add

7) Backscatter macromate mini (for macro photography and videos)
8) Macromate mini flip adaptor (there should be one to secure the filter to the flip 4 mount)

Eventually, I would use the dive filter on the top of the flip 4 mount and the macromate mini (when I will buy it) on the side of the flip mount.
Right now I use only one light, at the center of the tray. Which could be a questionable choice because some people say it's better to have 2 instead, and not to close to the go pro

Do you think I need to make any improvements or changes to this setup?
Thanks

Your setup seems great for filming in ambient light using filters. Video lights will only reach a few feet and you don't want to use them at the same time as your filters. Depending on the lumens of your light, it should be ok for macro video with the macromate without other filters. For wide-angle video of close subjects, you may want to invest in two video lights. Here's an article all about GoPro filters vs. lights. Hope this helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom