Go Pro first time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

electrix

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I used my Go Pro for the first time UW last week. I used the cheststrap and it turned out very good with the exception of a pesky BC strap that kept getting in the way. I took video the whole time thinking it was going to be easy to edit.

After hours of reading these forums and the Go Pro helps, and trying to " trim the fat " I came to the conclusion that I needed to be on 100% oxygen to continue. I have been putting in long days at work this week and have not had the time nor energy to try again, but I think that I am at the 99% clueless stage as to what to do next. The windows movie thing did not seem helpful and it seems that it is going to take more than a few downloads of this and that to get anywhere with any results.

Is there a magic pill or do I need to stock up on O2?

You can eat an elephant, just do it one bite at a time.....
First find some video tutorials for the editing software you will be using, I'm a Mac person and I found that imovie had many videos to watch. Start with just trimming the video clips to just the good footage, then take a look of how much footage you have. I found that when I first started editing, that I wanted to keep everything and the video ended up being more like a full length feature movie than an edited highlight of my trip. Just take your time, you will learn as you go and don't let it over whelm you.

Remember one bite at a time....

Thanks for the advice! I finally tried streamclip and actually edited a 2 minute down to 45 sec next is a 45 min dive.

I have been getting into GoPro recently as well. I recently bought the LCD back and I love it. Go too deep without light and it gets a bit green and grainy, and the exposure can get wild. I recently had 2 hours of footage from 2 dives and I just cut it all into a 5-minute piece. With all that random footage it was a challenge to try to make a linear story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom