Glueing new seals in Zips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_Ralph

Contributor
Reaction score
I hadn't seen this mentioned, and can't really see any reason this wouldn't work, but glueing in a replacement neck seal into a DUI Zip seal ring?

I have a few extra generic glue in neck seals laying around and a broken Zip for my current drysuit. I've lost some weight, so my current neck seal is getting to the point of being too loose. Any issues gluing a replacement to a Zip?

_R

It works. I've done it with zipseals for wrists. I keep a pair as backup that I made with bottleneck wrist seals. I haven't made a neck one myself but I know people who have. Try to keep a bit of extra material from your old seal so you can glue on the new one. Clean old seal with rubbing alcohol / MEK and scuff it up a little bit fine sand paper before gluing new seal onto zipseal.

What do you glue it on with? I'm also assuming you are gluing latex seals over old (cut off) latex seals.

I have a nice 1in cut in an almost new silicone neck seal. I finally found "silpoxy" that will glue that stuff. It's used in the movie/special effects industry as they get tears in the silicone appliances and must repair them, often in the "field".

I've never tried gluing silicone seals only latex but I use PB300 or the generic glue that DRIS sells (I think it's the same..)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom