Glue for trilam seals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DUI's glue works great and is my first choice.

Aqualseal also works but it is very hard/impossible to remove when you change seals later and sets so slow even with an accellerator that application is problematic on a neckseal. It will work fine on a wrist seal where you can leave the seal/suit joint in place over a suitable insert.

Rubber cement will also work in a pinch as it sets up quickly and is suitably strong if you apply a nylon tape over the top of the joint.

I like OS systems PB400.
Nice folks to deal with too.
I also like there commercial seals, nice balance of thickness and durometer.

I like OS systems PB400.
Nice folks to deal with too.
I also like there commercial seals, nice balance of thickness and durometer.

That would be PB300 and what I and my friends use for seal replacements. Part of using a drysuit is replacing the seals. I buy it by the quart so it lasts a long time. MEK is the thinner for it and it can be purchased at most any hardware store.

Ah, its was a rough Monday, I have the high tech version that is not released yet :wink:

I bought a quart can last time also, do you need to do anything special to prevent it from drying out?

Make sure that you close it properly and if it starts to thicken up, just add a little MEK to thin.

They had some people that expected the little 4 oz cans to keep the glue fresh forever and, as we all know, those little cans only seal once ... when brand new. So OS has changed to tubes for the 4 oz size. You can't thin it out, but it is less likely to dry out due to a bad lid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom