Glue/Adhesives for drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crzyfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've got a mix of components for replacing neck and wrist seals, permanent cuffs, dry gloves, and various repair/mods. I was planning to install the SiTech permanent wrist seals and neck seal, recycle some DUI zipseals, and probably install a pee valve later this season.

When it comes to glues, I'm currently using the DRIS drysuit glue. I'm running out and was about to order more and I was reading on the forum about PB-300 and DRIS glue is pretty close to being the same. Being able to heat it up and make some adjustment is a good thing.

I checked around and saw that DiveGearExpress has something called 620. It's a different product from their G-Dive G-Glue (discontinued). I tried to download the MSDS and the file says it KFLEX 620. I don't know how to read the MSDS document.

Has anyone used this glue?

I used 620 from DGX a few months ago to replace neck and wrist seals on my old gates ProVSN 1100 suit. I've never done drysuit seals before. Followed instructions and youtube tutorials, cleaned and prepped methodically, and it worked just fine. I've dove the suit twice, no leaks. I also installed thigh pocket with it. Seems good to me.

I just used E6000 to tack down the tape which was lifting on a leaking zipper. Paired that up with some "Repair Tape Type A" to shore it up. That fixed the leak like a champ.

I'm running out and was about to order more and I was reading on the forum about PB-300 and DRIS glue is pretty close to being the same.

I've used them both, and, more conveniently, DAP Weldwood (within walking distance). I believe they are all made on another planet.

I've used the 620. Still working on using it all. I am half way through the can. In that time I have done ~ 10 pairs of wrist seals, 3 sets of boots, and 3 neck rings.

The stuff is really sticky. Doesn't provide any room for error. If you mess up, you start over. I put 2 coats on the suit and 2 coats on whatever else I am gluing. Then press together and roll it. I don't think I will use anything else in my lifetime. It works great. Have never had a seal pull off or a leak.

I also just picked up an old drysuit with SiTech Necktite and Permanent Cuff rings. I'm yanking those off and reusing them. The glue they use is tough to get off. I'm using a heat gun and slowly pick it off. Is there any damage to the Cuffs if I soak it in Acetone?

Edit: I just did a combination of heat gun to warm up the glue and then wipe it down with acetone. It works a lot better. Those acetone fumes are nasty, especially warmed up.

I too have used both for drysuit repair -- and would huff those fine products from a paper sack, were that not contraindicated . . .

You folks are soo bad! :eek:
I found some 620 from Grainger at a cheaper price ($12.55/pint). I'll put in an order for a can. We can't get toulene solvent in California, we're stuck with a substitute called "Painter's Solvent." It's suppose to be safer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom