Gloves for 7mm wet diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmps

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What gloves do you recommend to pair with a 7mm wet suit? Are the Henderson hyper stretch good? I have some cheaper gloves that are a pain to put on. I use these in a quarry and will be doing Lake Michigan this weekend for the first time and don't want to use my old ones.

Thanks.

I use Bare 5MM 5 finger gloves and have dove them in at 41F. After a 20 min dive my hands were pretty numb but so where my feet and lips. I have tried on 7 mm gloves (not dove with them) but thought they were too constricting. I have dove with neosport 5MM 5 finger gloves in about 50F water and found they were not even close to the Bare gloves even at the warmer temperature. They were of noticably lessor quality. I hope this helps.

I had the Neosport 5mm gloves but got cold in them. I use Henderson Gold Core 7mm gloves now and have used them in 42/43 degree water and they are quite toasty. They are pricey but are quite easy to don which is important with any thick neoprene glove.

Cheers.

-J.-

Thanks for the info. I figured Henderson was better but I wanted some confirmation before I go forward given the cost. I'll also take a look at Bare.

I dive in a local quarry around here that the temps are 42 in the winter and 48 in the summer at depth. I use the Henderson Insta-Dry 3mm gloves. They will get a little water in at first but won't transfer alot afterwards. My hands stay warm for the most part up to 40-45 min. They give a lot of dexterity especialy compared to 7mm thick gloves.

Butch:14:

If you can handle the cold i reccomend 3mm. 5mm are hard to manipulate things with (clips etc). Tough guys in CA go bare hand all the time into 50-60 degree water. I use deepsea 5mm kevlar gloves for my hunting dives... and 3mm junk glove for my photographic (no touch) dives

I like the Henderson Hyperstretch gloves - I dive the 5mm and they retain a good sense of touch. The gold core are also very nice - maybe warmer, not quite the flexibility.

The glove story is very funny. Well I sure won't buy a three fingered glove...too many sharks off Chicago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom