Gloves Come unstitched

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rottekatz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After quite a few uses of Aqua Seal on my Aqua Lung gloves, my wife convinced me to toss them and start using a new set of Aqua Lung Kevlar gloves that I had purchased for lobster hunting. Haven't had a chance to hunt lobster, but on the second trip out the gloves started to tear where the kevlar meets the neoprene.

Aqua Lung should provide a tube of Aqua Seal with every pair of gloves sold.

thanks for the info...this is noted.

I've found this with most scuba diving gloves. I dive wrecks....aggressively.... and I tried for years to find a pair of gloves that'd stand up to the task. I never did.... and it was always seam failures.... no matter how much reinforcement and fancy tough materials were used in the gloves themselves. The seams are the 'Achilles heal' of all diving gloves.

Nowadays, I just use 3M Comfort Grip gloves. They cost less than $5 and will last up to 6 months diving very frequently. I'm in the tropics though, so I don't need exposure protection.

Back
Top Bottom