Glide Harness Adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool_hardware52

Contributor
Reaction score
Now Available, the DSS Glide Harness Adapter.

When fitted to any DSS Stainless Steel Back plate the Glide Harness Adapter allows "On the Fly" adjustment of single piece Hogarthian style Harnesses.

Waterjet Cut, precision formed and polished Heavy Gauge Stainless Steel the DSS Glide Harness Adapter Mounts easily with the furnished Stainless Hardware.

This simple design allows one shoulder strap to slide at the lower harness slots on the back plate. A few more inches of length makes donning or doffing back plates easier for some divers.

The DSS Glide harness Adapter is compatible with DSS bolt on weight plates. (with optional fasteners)

No alterations to the tank side of the plate means doubles can be mounted without band bolt extenders.

Sliding the harness requires considerable effort. This is intentional, and prevents unwanted harness slippage.

The Glide Harness adapter works best with a slightly softer webbing now available from DeepSeaSupply. This new webbing has been furnished with all DeepSeaSupply Hogarthian Harnesses starting in April 2010.

P10100398.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

P10100428.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

P10100437.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

The Glide Harness Adapter is not compatible with DSS Kydex plates, and is not compatible with other Brands of back plates.

More info and pricing available here

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=1340

and here

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=1341

Tobin

Hi Tobin - I "customized" my dss plate for easier slide by removing the plastic embedded on the bottom slots. This works ok, with the flexible webbing, but I'm guessing your new solution is much better. I can't wait to try it. I have limited mobility with one shoulder, so the more slide the better.

Regards
Brian

Already have one on order and I'll post a review after I get, install and use it.

Any news?

Can somebody share his/her experience?

I love my DSS harnesses and wings and recommend them to every diver I meet. And when the glide adaptor came out, I thought, "Wow, another fantastic idea from DSS!" I totally want one.

But $40??? Seriously? I mean, it doesn't look all too different from a $2 webbing keeper with one of the side slots sawed off.

I'm afraid that kills it right there for me.

I love my DSS harnesses and wings and recommend them to every diver I meet. And when the glide adaptor came out, I thought, "Wow, another fantastic idea from DSS!" I totally want one.

But $40??? Seriously? I mean, it doesn't look all too different from a $2 webbing keeper with one of the side slots sawed off.

I'm afraid that kills it right there for me.

Certainly your choice not to purchase or use one, but I can assure you it's not a modified triglide. They are actually pretty labor intensive to produce. If I could produce satisfactory product for less I would of course do so.

To produce Glide Harness Adapters in qty's of a few 100 to a few 1000's annually:

1) Waterjet cut the 11 gauge stainless steel using a 1/2 Million dollar waterjet that costs about $2 / minute to operate.

2) Hand debur as required for forming.

3) Form using custom made offset forming dies.

4) Hand polish slots and edges as required for easy sliding.

5) Tumble Debur to remove any remaining sharp edges or burrs.

All this work is done in Pasadena California.......

Compared to the typical mass produced (millions annually) Triglide:

1) Stamp Blank using automated punch press

2) Pierce Blank, often using hand loaded punch press

3) Tumble

In China

Tobin

Agree, there is a helluva difference. I run a waterjet for my other source of income and they are not cheap to run. Especially when you are doing limited numbers. And on top of that using good stainless that I am sure Tobin is using like that in my two DSS plates. I was running some customer supplied supposedly SS from China last week. Crap. Total junk. It flash rusted in places. And it is pretty special when you are cutting stainless with 87,000 psi and hit a piece of dirt of some type embedded in the material. $40 is actually a very good price for what he's doing to it.

I bought one and it works great. Fit & finish is second to none! I have one for my single and doubles setup. Makes things easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom