Ginnie Springs Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
sorry to start a thread just on this one question, but does Ginnie Spring allow solo diving in the OW areas these days?

I've never seen anything either way, I know that I do frequently just for a quick gear tune up in the ballroom before the rest of my cave buddies get there. I do have a solo cert and nobody's ever said anything. I also know that quite a few cave divers do go solo in there. I do know that it's a no go in the state park systems.

right.

thank you, I just wanted to make sure it hasn't changed from the "don't ask don't tell" it was in my day

No sweat, I think their main concern is folks going into the cave area who have no business on that side of the "run". I often see employees glancing at wristbands vs. car tags near Devils, whereas none on the Ginnie side.

I have been in the Ballroom alone.
I was carrying a pony and a snorkel though.

Chug
Likes to hear the screams of the real cave divers when they see me with a snorkel.
They echo so beautifully off the cavern.

I have a rock boring snorkel somewhere in my gear room

When we went to Ginnie last spring, since I was the only diver in my party they reminded me that there is no solo diving.

When we went to Ginnie last spring, since I was the only diver in my party they reminded me that there is no solo diving.

Which is exactly what their attorneys and insurance company has told them to do.

Chug
Schnorkel-eer-extraordinaire.

True dat

oh dear

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom