Ginnie Springs Ballroom Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ROUS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This is a new video for my YouTube channel. A buddy and I just spent a little time in No. Florida caverns.

(Lumix LX10, Nauticam housing, BigBlue 4600s, 4K 40fps)

Thank you for the video. I didn't know Florida had caverns and not just caves but that makes perfect sense (duh, Craig).

Very nice video. How far were you from daylight in the dives? You may have commented on this in the video, but the computer I am using today has bad speakers.

Very nice video. How far were you from daylight in the dives?

Hi Guy. There was one little corner that would have been very dark, if not for my big video lights. But most of that cavern had some light from the cavern's mouth. It was a fun little dive.

How long was your dive? 42 minutes? :D
Nice video.. I would of shown the rope. It seems to be an object of calm for a diver who might be nervous in an overhead enviroment. But that's just my .02 that you didn't ask for.

How long was your dive? 42 minutes? :D
Nice video.. I would of shown the rope. It seems to be an object of calm for a diver who might be nervous in an overhead enviroment. But that's just my .02 that you didn't ask for.

Hi Jenny. Actually, I cover that in the next video. I had accidentally touched the mainline at Devil's Eye with my fin and my dive partner was pointing it out. That gave a great opportunity to explain to viewers what it's there for.

I think we were done in 30 minutes. It's a fun place, but you can see it all in just a few minutes. Thanks for the comments--always appreciated.

Another superbly produced video--your vids are always enjoyable, John. I dove Ginnie Ballroom, Devil's Run and Devil's Den with my son in March of this year, and it amazed me how much bigger the Ballroom looks in videos and pictures. It was a fun dive, nonetheless. I look forward to seeing your video of Devil's run.

p.s. -- I've clicked over to your YouTube page after viewing and spent WAY too much time watching your trip videos! Great job, and what a wonderful project that you and Tandy have embarked upon.

Another superbly produced video--your vids are always enjoyable, John. I dove Ginnie Ballroom, Devil's Run and Devil's Den with my son in March of this year, and it amazed me how much bigger the Ballroom looks in videos and pictures. It was a fun dive, nonetheless. I look forward to seeing your video of Devil's run.

p.s. -- I've clicked over to your YouTube page after viewing and spent WAY too much time watching your trip videos! Great job, and what a wonderful project that you and Tandy have embarked upon.

Thanks for the great comments! The cavern dives that we had in No. Florida were a lot of fun, but I'm not sure that I'll return. Maybe. As a non-cave diver, I'm just not sure that return dives there would be as interesting. But, we had some fascinating, often-weird moments and those places are very pretty--especially those Ginnie waterways. Hmmm. Maybe I will return after all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom