Gina Castillo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

textilet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
She popped into my head just now-oddly about two years since she passed. What a sweet person and a skilled diver. Shortly before she died, we dove together and on the boat home her brand new scooter flopped over and slid right out the back of the boat. We looked for an hour for it then she kind of sighed and said- "oh well." And smiled. She was a cool person and she's gone now. We remember you Gina.

One of the nicest as well as most skilled divers I've known. We were diving at Catalina once when she wanted to lead. It was very relaxing not having to keep track of our location. Her navigation was perfect.

She liked to call herself Tank B***h when she would tow a half dozen tanks to the edge of the canyon at La Jolla Shores for class dives. :)

Gina was an excellent diver and one of the nicest people I've ever met in this sport. Still in shock about it. RIP Gina.

Clinton

6 years, still remember our last dive fondly. Just perusing my old dive videos and noticed I have the dive where she lost her scooter. We had a great time. Contemplating that our focus was on what lens, camera etc...stupid. We dove with good people and so we have memories of being cool places. RIP Gina.

Damn how time flies. I miss Gina. Was thinking about her a couple of days ago. I still can't quite believe it happened to her.​
Thanks for postinv the video.​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom