Gill, MA anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've heard (and read on this board) about a couple of decent dive sites on the Connecticut river in the vicinity of Gill, Mass - King Phillip's Abyss and some washed out bridge.

It appears that the weather will be perfect on Saturday (6/15/19) , and my afternoon just freed up unexpectedly. Is there anyone familiar with these sites who are able/willing to show me the ropes on such short notice?

Can dive wet or dry, not sure what the temps are at 100'-125' in the river, which is what I've heard the Abyss goes to...

If not this weekend, keep me in mind for future weekends (or even weekdays for that matter) :)

Did you end up getting out there? If so, anything good?

I used to live out in Western Mass and heard from a couple of my local instructor friends that it was an option for a decent deep dive. I would often drive over the bridge and think about doing that dive.

Did you end up getting out there? If so, anything good?

I used to live out in Western Mass and heard from a couple of my local instructor friends that it was an option for a decent deep dive. I would often drive over the bridge and think about doing that dive.

Nope, got no response. Still hoping to find someone through this board to do it one day. Really hoping to have a decent dive within an hour from home.

@Scuba-74 I would crosspost with the New England Scuba Divers facebook group, in case you didn't do that the first time around. There tends to be quite a bit of activity on there.

Back
Top Bottom