Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrox Junkie

Great Lakes diver
Reaction score
I am originally from Michigan and now reside in In
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was on Gilboa's site and seen that the price for diving was $12.00 for summer season only. Could anyone tell me what the price is for winter diving and when the change takes place. Was thinking of going this weekend and wanted to be prepared. Thanks in advance for any info you can send my way.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Should that mean we should get a discount going there during the off season??????????????

As of this moment in time this is how the winter deals are going at Gilboa and season/winter pass. The Quarry will be open on the Saturday and Sunday only later on this winter and it will have set hours, not to sure what they will be yet, something like 9-5 or so.
-day of diving $12.00
-Winter pass good Jan. 1 - March 31 $50.00
-Season pass good Jan.1 - Dec. 31 $125.00
Mike didn't want to sell passes after Nov. 30, but it looks like he will be selling them after all because word didn't get out well before then about the passes.

Hope I helped and maybe I'll see you this weekend.

I haven't been to Gilboa in over a month and didn't go over the summer to make the cost of a season pass worth it (I'm one of those 2+ hour drives away). Although, if I did get a pass I'd probably dive more to get my money's worth. ;-)

Last year, Mike's winter pass was the only way to dive between Jan.2 and Mar.31 (but I think the pass was good for diving through April). (Link to this 2004 calendar probably will not work after the 2005 calendar is posted. It'll show 2005.) This allowed Jan.1 dives for the normal daily fee, but you had to "commit" to about 4 days diving to get the winter pass. The prices on Gilboa's site don't even list the season passes at all. (If the "Season Pass" is really an Annual Pass, then it might be good even for those who might only do a day or two during the "winter".)

On another topic, does anyone know when Mike will actually have banked Nitrox. I know he started preparing for it in Fall'03 and put in new fill station equipment this summer. I suspect that he'd bank 32%, but that's really just a guess. He also said (when I talked to him in July'04) that the price for fills would likely make a distinction between Air, OCA (Oxygen Compatible Air), and Nitrox (presumably different between banked and partial-pressure fills, too).

-Rob

"(If the "Season Pass" is really an Annual Pass, then it might be good even for those who might only do a day or two during the "winter".)"

We call it the season pass but if you are being picky about wording it would really be considered an Annual Pass this year, it is different then it was done last year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom