Gilboa this Sunday??, 8/24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k4man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
My Sunday morning plans have just changed, so I thought I'd make a quick post for those who have not already left for your weekend diving destinations.

Anyone planning to be @ Gilboa Quarry this Sunday??? Let me know!

I won't be there.. recovering from a broken ankle.

Where is North Central Ohio??

Bucyrus, to be exact.

I read some of your other posts/responses about your ankle. Sorry to hear of your accident and wish you a speedy recovery.

Bucyrus, to be exact.

I read some of your other posts/responses about your ankle. Sorry to hear of your accident and wish you a speedy recovery.

I was born there. :)

Thank you for the well wishes. It's healing but to slow for me. The bone is healed but the soft tissues are taking a while.

Is this your Portage accident? What happened?

Yes, I did at Portage. I had double 130s on and got my foot stuck in the rocks making entry and somehow lost my balance.

I recall now why I don't like Portage. The place would be fantastic if they'd install a dock or at least a set or two of stairs into the water.

The doctor re-connected some tendons, put in seven screws and a plate... should be good by next year. :blinking:

I was born there. :)

Thank you for the well wishes. It's healing but to slow for me. The bone is healed but the soft tissues are taking a while.

Well, you're one of a dying breed now that babies are no longer delivered in Bucyrus...and probably haven't been for 15+ years I'm guessing.

7 screws, eh??? Ouch:11:

Thanks to Bob V and Dave G for diving with me on Sunday morning and afternoon @ Gilboa. We had a great day with pretty darn good viz...and the weather was awesome. Big crowds of campers and divers there all doing what we love to do!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom