Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lwang06

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is anyone using a gh5 and video lights. I see a lot of videos using ambient light and custom white balance... I understand for macro a light would be very useful but what about for wide angle ex big schools of fish, sharks at a distance etc?

Or are people fixing color post production. I'm not finding too much info out there... thanks

Also any recommendations on lights... keldans might be out of my price range

I used sola 3800s with my GH5. They are great for lighting up reefs or animals that come close to the camera. If you want to shoot schools or sharks at a distance you'll need to use ambient lighting. So, make sure you set your white balance accordingly. Also, the shallower you are, the more ambient light there will be to help you out.

One of my dive buddies has a GH5 and he bought 2 Big Blue video lights, each 15K lumens. He is quite happy with the result. He also color corrects in post production if it is beyond reach of his lights. He doesn’t fry things when shooting macro and is very cognizant of intensity.

Back
Top Bottom